Friday, April 3, 2015

Pretty Plates from Days Five and Six


Kale Caesar Salad, with Anchovies, Rosemary Croutons, and Parmesan Cheese. I found this to be a rich salad with many complex flavors. It's tangy, crunchy, and salty.


Tuber Hand Roll with Mango Chutney. Not the prettiest plate. I had a very hard time rolling the nori.


Sesame Noodles with Tamari Almonds. The two things I do not like to eat are yogurt and zucchini noodles. I loved the sauce, but I can't get past the texture of zucchini. I gave this one to one of roommates who ate all of it.


Pineapple-mango smoothie with Cashew Milk. This was my first original recipe. I had no idea there was a science to smoothies. Based on that science, I made a smoothie I was happy with. Since it's an original, I can share it with you all.

Tropical Colada Smoothie

1 cup cashew milk (made from scratch, but you can buy it from the store)
2 frozen bananas
1 cup diced pineapple
1 diced mango
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon agave
pinch o salt

Blend, and enjoy!

Love,
Althea



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails