Monday, March 9, 2015

Day Three and Four


Day Three ended with fermentation. From left to right: pickled ginger, pickles, and kimchi.


Day Four began with knife skills. I am getting better! I used a ruler and took my time. My teacher said she could see the improvement.


This is a Pumpkin Spice Smoothie, in a bowl. The picture doesn't do it justice. It was better than I though it would be. We are learning how to "build" smoothies. This had carrot juice in it, which I enjoy but not in smoothies. But this was really yummy.


Zucchini Tartare. As WOW as it looks. My roommates lost their minds over this dish. They asked me to make it everyday. That's how much they enjoyed it. It's a clean, simple, and bright appetizer. The purpose of this was to focus on small dice cuts and plating.


Finally, Kale Chips. I had never made them before. They smelled wonderful in the dehydrator. The yellow/orange coating is a cashew-nutritional yeast blend with spices. I added garlic and cilantro to my mix. Addictively good. 

So I am still fighting a cold. I pushed through Day 4, probably to my detriment. I spent most of my birthday in bed (my birthday was Saturday). I did get some rest and slept through the night Sunday. I just happen to be off work today. The plan is to finish Day 5 and shop for Week 2. Wish me luck :-).

Love,
A


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails